Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Tooth Fairy can come now - WIP Wednesday

Where does the time go?  I know an hour of it vanished this weekend (daylight savings), but I have no idea where the rest of my time went since last Wednesday.  OK, so I know some of it was spent at the dentist, visiting friends, spending time with kids pretending to be sick.  I guess I could account for most of it if I really thought about it.

Today, I've been spending time on this - a tooth fairy pillow for Ashley.

Ashley's Tooth Pillow Front

This whole tooth fairy thing has been an interesting experience for us so far.  One of the first books Ashley checked out from the school library last year was a book about the Tooth Fairy.  In this particular book (which I don't remember the name of), the Tooth Fairy and a little girl who lost her first tooth, write notes to each other for a few days before the tooth is actually handed over to the fairy.  The notes of the little girl are what you would expect, and the note from the Tooth Fairy was written on a very tiny piece of paper with SUPER tiny script.  (The little tiny notes are actually included in the book, in case you were wondering.)

Not wanting my darling daughter to feel left out when she lost her first tooth a few months after reading this book, I encouraged her to write a note to the Tooth Fairy and saw to it that a similar TINY note was left under her pillow and of course a little pocket change in exchange for the plastic baggie holding her first tooth.

This worked fine for our first tooth, but her second tooth was lost while on vacation in Hawaii and promptly LOST by her daddy.  So when Ashley lost her third tooth, she wrote a note to the Tooth Fairy explaining what happened (no doubt expecting double the reward money).  The Tooth Fairy was kind enough to leave another tiny note suggesting Ashley ask her mommy to make her a tooth pillow so her lost teeth wouldn't be actually lost in the future.

Ashley's Tooth Pillow Back

Gee thanks, Tooth Fairy!  Luckily, I have had months to prepare.  Did I use that time wisely, crafting the perfect pillow?   Of course not!  It wasn't until Ashley showed me her SUPER WIGGLY next tooth to be lost that I realized I better get on it, and fast!

Ashley's Tooth Pillow back
Does it look like this little girl lost her tooth?  My her nose turned out a little large (oops)

I totally cheated and bought some Simplicity iron on's to help me.  Now I just need to finish up sewing the last little seam at swim practice today and it is ready for action!

I also have a couple Droplet journal covers in progress as part of my Curves class.  I hope to show finished projects on Friday!

Droplet journal covers WIP


This Wednesday...

Completed Projects:
  • Curves Stuff! - Drunkard's Path Potholder  
  • a few Journal covers (not the ones above)
  • Ashley's Tooth Fairy Pillow - will close enough to call it done

On-going Projects:

AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
  • Bee Blocks & BOM blocks - Skill Builder BOM blocks (now 2 months worth), Make it Modern bee block, We Bee Learning blocks, and March Lucky Star.
  • Star of Africa Bee - February's block still needs to be done
  • Curves Class goodies - catch up in progress
  • Les Amis Baby quilt - quilting in progress, but I have put this aside for the moment
  • Baby quilt in blue - fabrics chosen.  Must decide on a design soon.
  • Discontinuity 2 - top is complete using the log cabin method.
  • Whoa!  I need to do my April Showers Mug Rug too!
  • and double Whoa! Is Easter coming soon?  I want to make a few of Noodlehead's Divided baskets for the girls' goodies.

Back Burner:

These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks - I know I've been saying that for more than a couple of weeks.
This week's stats:
Completed projects - 4 little tidbits
New projects - 3
Currently in Progress - 5 +

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post!

And as always, thanks for reading,

Jen

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. Love your lost tooth story Jen, the tooth fairy "forgot" to visit once in our house, it ended up being a much more expensive tooth than normal :)

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.