Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Purple - Building Blocks Tuesday

Mark my words, people!  Purple is coming back, big time.  A couple of years ago (before I learned to quilt), I was looking for bedding for Ashley in PURPLE.  Couldn't find a darn thing!  But now, it is starting to creep back into catalogs and stores.  Will it be color of the year next year?  Who knows?

Becky at My Fabric Obsession wanted these cool Half Square Rectangle blocks to make a quilt for her daughter.  As I once had a daughter that was crazy about purple, I was happy to oblige her.

Make it Modern March 1.1

I think these will be fantastic when they are all put together - a really modern, fun, looking quilt.  I rather like how they turned out, except for those two grays that had to go together.  I was so concerned about having the purples in different places, that I didn't even notice the grays.  I think it still looks pretty darn cool though.

So what have you been working on this week?

Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open for a whole week.  And spread the word!


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!


Thanks for reading,

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love purple and hope that is next year's color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this block, and I love the fabrics you picked! I never really thought much about purple until I started quilting, and it seems like people either love it or hate it. Or is that a general purple thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never have too much purple in my book Jen! Love the block.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.