This is what I've been working on:
This is a pattern by Emily Cier called "Discontinuity". I am only 4/5 of the way finished with the baby sized quilt top, which has 723 individual pieces to it (according to the cutting directions - for the baby quilt!!!). I can't write a review yet because 1) I'm not done, 2) I'm not done cursing it yet, and 3) I think more cursing might be coming as the top hasn't had a single seam pressed yet (Emily recommends waiting until the entire top is completed).
I realize that sounds pretty negative, so let me say something positive. I adore the look of this pattern, and I know of a much easier way to piece it for future quilts. However, I paid my money, so I played along with the original directions. Curse me. Curse, curse, curse.
- Bee Blocks - Lucky Stars BOM practice block and sample/tutorial block for the We Bee Learning bee
AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
- My Blue & White One Block Wonder -This is my January UFO - decided I had to go with what I had for backing.
- Bee Blocks & BOM blocks - Skill Builder BOM blocks
- Star of Africa Bee - catch up continues
- Curves Class goodies - I haven't done a single project yet. So sad! My printer won't allow me to print anything at the moment, so I can't print any of the templates needed for the majority of the projects. Ugh, technology!
- Discontinuity Quilt - I didn't quite finish the first 1/2 of the baby quilt in class, and I am STILL working on it. Tomorrow may be the day if I don't throw it out the window.
These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
- Handstitched Medallion Quilt - quilting in progress. I actually did a little bit of this one on my trip!
- Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - top needs to be put together. It is ridiculous that I haven't just slapped this one together yet. I am taking Leah Day's Craftsy class how to quilt a sampler hoping to get some good quilting ideas.
- Charity quilt for the guild - not started.
- NEW Baby quilt - two friends are having a babies soon, and it sounds like a perfect reason to make a couple new quilts, right?
Lightning would have to strike twice, but I like to keep this category going just to remind me what I have in the pipeline.
- Handstitched goodies - several small projects in limbo.
- Star Circles aka New York Beauty blocks - time is coming to get back to these
Completed projects - 1 ish
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 5
Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post!
And as always, thanks for reading,
Linking up with