Sunday, March 31, 2013

Inspirational Sunday (7) - via the 2013 Road to California Quilt Show

The Birds have it.

Today I want to share 3 beautiful quilts that have birds as a central theme.


"Nite Owl by Sharon Hightower of Claremont, CA and "Hoot Are You, Hoot, Hoot" by Sherry Glidden of Ladera Ranch

Can you guess why I love these two?  Yes, I have a thing for owls.

The one on the right is called Night Owl by Sharon Hightower of Claremont, CA.  It is collaged, machine appliqued, and quilted.  She used a coloring book to create the original design.

The one on the left is called "Hoot are you, Hoot, Hoot" by Sherry Glidden of Ladera Ranch, CA.  It was inspired by a photo of an Eastern Screech Owl taken by Jason Idzerda.

Just beautiful!


"Estuary, Oregon Coast" by Marilyn Fromherz

This one is called "Estuary, Oregon Coast" by Marilyn Fromherz of Calimesa, California.  This quilt was part of the Fairfield Batting exhibit and was a grand prize winner.

Even though this is set in Oregon. this one reminded me of growing up in South Florida.  We had these herons all over the place, and they are exceptionally beautiful.

I just signed up for a new Blog Hop happening May 7th thru 15th, called "For the Birds".  You guessed it!  It is anything bird themed.  I'm still figuring out what I will make.

What is your favorite bird?

Thanks for reading today,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.