Sunday, March 10, 2013

Inspirational Sunday (4) - via the 2013 Road to California Quilt Show

Under the Sea - Part 1

With the exception of my college years, I have always lived near the ocean.  Perhaps that is why I am drawn to underwater art.  Quilts are no exception, and I have a few to share this week and next.

"Turtle Bay" by Claudia Pfeil of Krefeld, Germany

This one is called "Turtle Bay" by Claudia Pfeil of Krefeld, Germany.  She combined silk and gauze fabrics, hand painted and hand-dyed fabrics, and did both machine and hand applique.

border detail of "Turtle Bay" by Claudia Pfeil of Krefeld, Germany

I took a picture of this border because I just love the shapes - it looks like a tile frame with each tile quilted.  You can also see some of the quilting detail in the corals.  Just gorgeous.

Next week, mermaids and eight legged sea monsters.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Jen


1 comment:

  1. This is extraordinary! These show quilts are so amazing I hardly know whether to be inspired or give up!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.