Monday, January 2, 2012

Countdown continues

Actually, I should say countdowns.  Not only am I counting down the days to the Road to California quilt show, but I have also secretly been counting down to tomorrow when the kids go back to school.  I just can't seem to get anything done when I am busy playing/watching/feeding/you-name-it with the kiddos.  I am so looking forward to some me time starting tomorrow.  Unfortunately, my list of "to-do's" is staggering, and I have a few "events" this week too.  Hopefully, I can work some magic and make progress all around.

I did have 20 whole minutes today to quilt around a border on my mom's quilt!  Man, that thing is a beast!  If only I had known about Kat's "Quilt as you Go" method earlier.  This quilt might have been a good candidate for that.  Check out her tutorial at http://mummastimetocreate.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-quilt-as-you-go-process-tutorial-of.html.  It is downright brilliant!  I want to try it with one of my UFO's coming up, but which one???

By the way, I promise the next post will have a picture of what I am working on.  I've just been lazy busy lately!

Quilt on!

2 comments:

  1. My kids return to school today, too, and I'm looking forward to having more time to quilt and getting the house in order-- its been chaos with cousins over and play dates and new toys with lots of parts all over! I actually managed to get a fair amount of time on my machine yesterday and we all stayed in our pj's til noon-- I think everyone needed a winding down day. Thanks for sharing Kat's/Mummastimetocreate quilt as you go-- I follow here and participated in her scrappy swap int the fall-- but I'l have to take a closer look at her tute (I've been doing mostly smaller projects lately as opposed to the quilts). It sounds like you have a rather large list of projects, but I highly recommend trying a swap-- I did two earlier in the fall (my first) and they were such fun. I love your blog background with the hummingbirds! Hope you find quilting time today and this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the guidelines for sqs2 if you are still interested...Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.