Friday, January 13, 2012

Art Training for the Kids

Ah, the power of prayer.  Thank you all who prayed with me last night, it worked!  I will now try to refrain from talking of such things again.

I was able to make my art training class today!  Today's project was a sculpture of sorts based on the works of Charles Arnoldi  http://www.charlesarnoldistudio.com/index.html.  I must admit that before today's class, I had no idea who he was or what type of work he did.  And unfortunately, out of all his works, this is the stuff I am least interested in.  But hey, it's for the kids, and I guess this is a project that can be suited for them.  Of course, even as I type that I am already struggling with how to teach a few portions of the project to kindergartners.  Anyway, a few of you expressed an interest in seeing some of the projects, so I snapped a picture of mine before they whisked it away to become "examples" for this kids. Then, I promptly broke my camera (is my art THAT bad?).



Like I said, not really my style, but perhaps I will GROW somehow.  I did enjoy seeing some of Mr. Arnoldi's modern paintings.  I could see an art quilt inspired by them....if I ever had time for that!

I also finally got my previous project back.  It was called "Reflections in Nature", basically a landscape with a reflection aspect.  Here are my two, and my daughter's paintings.  She was in a dark mood evidently...




I don't think I'm very good with a brush, but hey, it was fun!

1 comment:

  1. Who says the internet is no good! I found a site that helped me fix my camera!!!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.