80 HST's later and my Les Amis top is done! It's not so much the making of that many HST's, it's the trimming that takes forever. Normally, I would shy away from using this much white for a baby quilt, but I think making those depression blocks last month got this design stuck in my head.
Now to decide how I want to quilt it. I keep thinking feathers, but we'll see what happens. Who would have thought this time last year that I would even entertain doing feathers on anything?
This quilt is destined for a cold climate, so I ordered some wool batting. It will be my first time using it, and I am considering layering it with my usual cotton blend batting. Does anyone out there have any tips or things I really need to know before giving wool a go?
- Bee Blocks - Lucky Stars BOM for February
- Blue One Block Wonder quilt is DONE! I just need to photograph it so I can share.
AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
- Bee Blocks & BOM blocks - Skill Builder BOM blocks, Make it Modern blocks and Simply Solids blocks all need to be done.
- Star of Africa Bee - catch up continues
- Curves Class goodies - I finally got the printer working! Now that I have some templates to work with, I think I should make something, yes?
- Discontinuity Quilt - top is done, backed and basted. Awaiting quilting.
- Les Amis Baby quilt - top complete.
These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
- Handstitched Medallion Quilt - quilting in progress.
- Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - top still needs to be put together.
- Charity quilt for the guild - not started.
This week's stats:Completed projects - 1 ish
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 5
Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post!
And as always, thanks for reading,
Linking up with