Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Goal Setting

So, when I woke up this morning I saw my own shadow and crawled back into bed.  Does that mean that I will have 6 more weeks until I meet some of my sewing goals?  I hope not!!  Although 60 more minutes sleeping in bed might have been nice - just saying.

UFO's

January got a little mixed up.  I was inspired to work on a different UFO than I originally planned, but I did finish one!
favorite block detail

So that still leaves the one I intended to do, undone.  February???  Actually, I am happy to report that my Blue One Block Wonder is partially quilted!  So yes!  February.

B&W OBW WIP

I would also really like to get my Beginner QAL quilt moving somehow.  The blocks are finished, but need to be sashed and put together.  I haven't decided on a sashing fabric yet.  I will also need to figure something out for a back, baste and start quilting the darn thing.

New FO's

I'm telling you, January got mixed up!  I intended to start my T-shirt quilts for the girls, but only got as far as cutting out a few muslin foundations.  It also completely slipped my mind that I would be going to the Road to California quilt show and would be starting this new project:

Discontinuity WIP

I am calling it, the demon quilt.  Just kidding.  All 723 pieces have been sewn together to make the top.  It has also been backed and basted.  Unfortunately, I really feel that all those seams need some SID.  Badly!  And since there are so many of them, I imagine it is going to take me a fair bit of time to quilt this one up.  Thus, it is another February goal.

I must also finish another baby quilt this month, so that is this months New FO.  I have sketched out the design and done the math.  I just gotta make that first cut.  The first cut is the deepest, though!  I am planning on using Les Amis from my stash, which I adore.

So that's actually 4 quilts I hope to get quilted this month.  That really seems like a lot for such a short month!  I am going to give it my best.

Thanks for reading today,

Jen

Linking up with:


2013NewFO

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your quilts! You only have to finish one to qualify for the Lovely Year of Finishes! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the demon quilt. I do agree, SID would really be amazing in it, and it would show off all your sewing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting in the first photo is just wonderful--overused adjective, but my brain isn't functioning yet. Anyhow, I really like it. Your one block wonder makes me think--when will I ever get to mine?! Like how your came out. And the demon quilt is such fun colors. It will take lots of quilting even at SID. Fun for me to see what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pieces to finish up! I posted today too right before you did to share my goals for the month! I know what you mean about the demon quilt. The one I posted I called the quilt with a million challenges! I enjoyed visiting you today so I am now following. You should see my little blue slippers. and I signed up to receive your emails so I can come by and check your progress. Come by and see me and see my Demon/Challenge quilt.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I love all that color. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some lovely projects there. I am sure you will manage to avoid any distractions this month and get these all done and dusted!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.