Wednesday, February 13, 2013

More today than yesterday - WIP Wednesday

V-day WIP


Still working on a last minute Valentine's Day WIP.  Little Olivia has been home sick the last few days and I haven't had time to do much sewing.  Luckily, my dear husband won't be home until tomorrow night, so I hope to be able to finish it up tomorrow when she finally goes back to preschool.

I used some of the scallop templates from my curves class to make the top of the heart, then tried some improv curves to make the bottom of the heart.  I actually ended up with excess pink fabric (it was puffy), so rather than try for the 6th time to get it right, I decided I would just do a little trapunto under the heart.  Hey, when life gives you lemons, right?

I plan on going back and adding some black thread to the message in the heart, "I love you more today than yesterday. But not as much as tomorrow", so you will be able to actually see it.  I am also considering adding the rest of the lyrics to the song around the heart in the white background.  We will see if I actually have time to finish all that.

This Wednesday...

Completed Projects:
  • Bee Blocks - Simply Solids blocks for Feb & March done.  
  • Star of Africa for October is also finally finished

On-going Projects:

AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
  • Bee Blocks & BOM blocks - Skill Builder BOM blocks, Make it Modern blocks and Simply Solids blocks all need to be done.
  • Star of Africa Bee - catch up continues  
  • Curves Class goodies - Finally started working on a few things!  I have some clamshells all fused and ready to be put together.  I did some scallops too.
  • Discontinuity Quilt - Quilting in progress
  • Les Amis Baby quilt - top complete, batting arrived yesterday
  • Valentine's day wall hanging - in progress

Back Burner:

These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
This week's stats:
Completed projects - just blocks this week.
New projects - 1
Currently in Progress - 5

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post!

And as always, thanks for reading,

Jen

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I really like quilting words into things. Which reminds me - I need to make a guild name tag for myself before Saturday. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic. The writing inside the heart is a super cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely Jen, hope you get it finished in time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking lovely. I wish Olivia better and you plenty of quiet sewing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done with the words in the heart. I hope Olivia is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.