Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Doing the math - Building Blocks Tuesday


Feb. Make it Modern bee block for Kelleigh

This is another block for the Make it Modern Bee.  Kelleigh requested bright solids with white background, any block design we like.  It took me a while to decide on the pattern, and I guess I just wasn't done with Emily Cier after all.  This is a block she contributed to the book, "Modern Blocks: 99 Quilt Blocks from Your Favorite Designers". 

This is the second quilt block I've tried from that book, and I really like how diverse all the blocks are.  As for these little strips and pieces, I think I am done for a while.

Next week, I hope to show you blocks for my Star of Africa bee.

So what have you been working on this week?

Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open for a whole week.  And spread the word!


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!


Thanks for reading,

Jen



4 comments:

  1. This block looks really cool, but lots of little pieces to keep track of! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this block and I like it made on a bigger scale as a whole quilt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems so intense, but looks awesome when done! I can't imagine fiddling with all of those little bits for just one block! So that makes it all the more awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great block! And lot's of tiny pieces! Very kind of you to make for your bee mate:)

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.