Sunday, February 17, 2013

Inspirational Sunday (1) - via the Road To California Quilt Show 2013

It's been a while, I know!  I finally uploaded my pictures from the 2013 Road to California Show and am ready to share!  I didn't take as many photos as I should have, but I figure we will have some fun for a month or so, at least.

"Red Feathers" by Claudia Clark Myers of St. George, UT

I might as well start with the "Best in Show".  This one is called "Red Feathers" by Claudia Clark Myers of St. George, UT.  It was quilted by Marilyn Badger.  It was paper-pieced and machine appliqued.  The design came about by asking, "Why can't you have feathers on a Mariner's Compass".

There were always throngs of people around this quilt.  I can't believe I didn't get a detail shot.  All those gold swirls in the border are actually machine quilted there using the fabric's design as a guide.  Some of the freehand feathers in the quilting extend into the border too, which was kind of neat to see.

What questions do you ask yourself that spark ideas for your quilts?

Thanks for stopping by,

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an amazing quilt! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! That's incredible… I don't think I've isolated a single question I ask myself but I do tend to find inspiration in really odd places, and of course, the usual ones, like amazing quilts, such as this one. Thanks for posting that photo! Just wow.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.