Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Spinning Ninja Stars - Building Blocks Tuesday


February Lucky Star BOM

It is only February 5th and I already have the February Lucky Star BOM block done!  "What about January?" you say.

Oh yeah, I forgot to show you.

January Lucky Star BOM

Yes, I might need to redo that one thanks to a cutting error when I precut my background fabrics.  Those corners are atrocious.  Oh, and there's one more....

Lucky Stars BOM practice block

A practice block pattern was sent to us in January to get us going.  I love how it looks like a spinning ninja star.

I've been using the "Clouds and Sunshine" bundle from Connecting Threads.  They are not offering it at the moment, so I hope I have enough to finish!

My plan is to add some borders to these and use the Quilt as You Go method to put them together.  Perhaps that might allow me to finish the quilt in a more timely fashion at the end of the year??  I said, "perhaps".

Yes, I'm feeling a little sassy today.

So what have you been working on this week?

Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open for a whole week.  And spread the word!


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!


Thanks for reading,

Jen




4 comments:

  1. I am still madly in love with your colour choices! I have not yet done a single one of these. I should get cracking one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color choice! Haven't gotten to February's block myself... Looks like you finally got your seam allowances covered;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't sewn all week but can I just say I love your blocks! The colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.