Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Clam-ing it up - WIP Wednesday


clamshells WIP

I am almost done with this clam shell goody from my Curves Class at Stitched in Color.  I love this project because it is small.  I mean I love the look of clam shells, but I can't imagine doing a whole quilt, appliqueing each one.  Of course, never say never, right?

I had a layer cake of Sew Stitchy that seemed perfect for this project.  I even have some left over for another day, yeah.

I've also been a bit busy doing other stuff - a touch of spring cleaning, purchasing running shoes so I can make good on one of my resolutions for the year, and shopping for dresses for the girls for an upcoming wedding (still not purchased yet and the wedding is, uh, this Saturday).

This Wednesday...

Completed Projects:
  • Star of Africa for December is finished
  • Valentine's day wall hanging - see it here.

On-going Projects:

AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
  • Bee Blocks & BOM blocks - Skill Builder BOM blocks (now 2 months), Make it Modern block need to be done
  • Star of Africa Bee - catch up continues, I only have January and February left to do.
  • Curves Class goodies - I think I might have to designate one week as curves week and complete my projects.  I jumped ahead in the lessons to complete my Valentine wall hanging, but my curves were not completely successful.  I think it is because I didn't do the lessons from the beginning.
  • Les Amis Baby quilt - quilting in progress
  • Baby quilt in blue - so those 2 baby girl quilts I thought I needed?? Les Amis is one, Discontinuity was another.  Well, it turns out one of my friends is actually having a boy!  So I need to make a not so pink baby quilt.
  • Discontinuity Quilt - I am sewing on the binding by hand, but it should be done to share as a finish on Friday

Back Burner:

These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks - I know I've been saying that for more than a couple of weeks.
This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1 quilt, 1 block
New projects - 1
Currently in Progress - 5

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post!

And as always, thanks for reading,

Jen

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. I've seen a few clam shell projects pop up recently and every one is gorgeous and inspiring - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clams are sooo pretty. I don't think I could stand making a whole quilt either but you've inspired me to consider them for a smaller project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clammy projects! You sound like one busy gal. And, even after a few years of quilting, most days I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing either-Ha! I think that sharing your process is so valuable to other quilters who are just starting out, or who feel like they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I hope you post some pictures of your girls in their new dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your clamshells. Your curved edges are nice and smooth and everything lays nice and flat. I actually did some today, but mine are wonky compared to yours. I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your clam shells look great, I have seen a pattern for a full quilt of them, but like you maybe not!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.