Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First bee blocks - Building Blocks Tuesday

We Bee Learning Jan. block
horrible camera phone photo, colors aren't quite this dark in person
Here are my first blocks of the New Year!  The pattern is called the "Depression Block", and these are destined for Danielle of the We Bee Learning Bee.  As you can see, it is one of the many ways you can configure Half Square Triangles, a good first block for a learning bee (in my opinion).  Danielle wanted a mix of prints, batiks were OK, as long as everything was pink, purple, aqua or blue.  I had some Batiks in her colors, so I thought I would use them.  It is the first time I've really mixed Batiks with regular quilters cottons.  I'm not sure I like the combination, but that could just be because I've generally cooled on Batiks of late.  The important thing is that Danielle likes them!

So what have you been working on this week?


Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This linky will stay open for a whole week.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading today!

Jen



4 comments:

  1. Love those depression blocks - my huge stack of left over triangles from the QAL may now have a purpose :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks are pretty....I've never tried that configuration but might have to now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are looking lovely. I think those fabrics work well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! The blocks are perfect!! :) I love all the fabrics ... :) I can't wait to see them all put together.
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.