A small start on my Totally Groovy top:
I know, it's not much, but it did give me a taste for how much fun it is to put this one together. I also finished most of the cutting, so hopefully the rest of the top will fly together! Then it is onto the quilting which promises to be even more fun! My 5th color for the quilt is a navy blue, in case anyone was wondering.
Also, I am admitting defeat on this one. My tree quilt for the guild's quilt show this coming weekend. The deadline is October 1st, but since I am on my trip right now I can't finish it. Plus, it really wasn't coming together like I pictured.
I wanted it to look as if you were looking up into the trees towards the sky, but I don't like the different leaves. WHY did I decide to make each tree different?? I also realized about the time I was machine appliqueing the first tree trunk that it was going to be rather difficult for me to quilt it the way I wanted. In fact, I think to really make it work, I actually need to construct the quilt backwards. This one needs a complete redesign and I don't have the time to do it right now. It might not quite be "trash", but I definitely need to walk away from this one for now.
- Gram's Place mats (I actually have no pics because I was literally hand sewing on the binding on the plane to visit her!)
- Free Motion Challenge for September, click here for post
I've decided these are actually the projects I hope to touch within a week of returning from my trip.
- Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - top needs to be put together, sashing is partially cut
- Totally Groovy Quilt Along - piecing in progress
- 12 Bee Blocks - piecing in progress.
- Leaf's Me Happy block(s) - My date is October 10th. Designs chosen.
- Sashiko coasters - as part of my 100 Day Hustle list
These projects are part of my 100 Day Hustle List also, but will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
- Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted! I moved this one up because it is part of my 100 Day Hustle list.
- Star of Africa Bee - September's block
- Preschool Pillowcases
- How Far Will You Go? QAL - Putting this one aside until my blocks for the bees are done. But I would like to at least catch up with the blocks here and there as not to get too far behind. This one is scheduled to be completed after the 100 Day Hustle, but I'll never finish it then if I don't keep up somewhat.
Lightning would have to strike twice.
- Handstitched goodies - several projects in limbo.
- Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - top needs to be put together
- Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress, but put well out of the way. I need to be in a paper-piecing mood to resume.
- June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" -EPP in progress.
- Charity quilt for the guild - not started
Completed projects - 3 place mats - I know, look out!
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 5-ish
Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post! The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!
Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and .