Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hey, it's something! - WIP Wednesday

I haven't made as much progress on my project during the last few days as I hoped.  I've had a little one home sick, and instead of sewing I've been watching the latest Barbie movie and the Little Mermaid over and over and over and over again!  The upside is that the music is fairly good in both movies!



Gram's place mats all sandwiched and ready to go.  Thank you to everyone who helped me see that the yellow background on the 2nd one really needed to be changed!  I like this cream much better!

This Wednesday......

Completed Projects:
  • Trial block for solid's group of 3x6 Bee (hey it's a start!)
  • Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop Item - Done, done, and done - come back TOMORROW for the reveal!

On-going Projects:
  • Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - top needs to be put together
  • Totally Groovy Quilt Along - started, albeit a small start
  • How Far Will You Go? QAL - I might need to put this one aside for a little while.  Luckily the QAL goes through January, so I will have plenty of time to catch up.
  • Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - top needs to be put together 
  • Star of Africa Bee - September's block
  • "Tree" themed quilt for the guild - since I got my top done for the LGABH, I actually started this one. I am not sure I like how it is going nor am I sure I will get it done by the deadline.
  • Grammie's place mats - tops are done.  Quilting will commence tonight after the kiddos are in bed. Deadline Sept 22nd (because my plane leaves on the 23rd!)
  • 12 Bee Blocks - piecing in progress.
  • Leaf's Me Happy block(s) - I finally got my date for this blog hop - October 10th.  Designs in progress

Back Burner:

I am determined not to forget these projects!  Keeping them in this category reminds me of them on a weekly basis.
  • Handstitched goodies - several projects in limbo.  I am preparing a few of these for my week long trip next week.  I figure it is the perfect time to make some progress on these items, especially the small ones.
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!  
  • Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress, but put well out of the way.  I need to be in a paper-piecing mood to resume.
  • June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" -EPP in progress. 
  • Charity quilt for the guild - not started
This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1 + 1 block
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 9-ish

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post!  The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and .
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Love those paper pieced blocks / place mats. I have some on my WIP list too :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those placemats! You sure have a lot in the works right now - whew! I shall come back tomorrow for your blog hop post (it is tomorrow, right?) but until then I will leave you with this..."out of the sea, wish I could be part of your world..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, my list is similarly huge - it's been a looong time since I wrote them all down, maybe I should... Love the placemats, the cream is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.