With one of these...
I saved the most difficult of the mini's for today, and it took me HOURS to complete. I used my seam ripper almost as much as my sewing machine. And even though it is done, I am still not 100% satisfied with the result. I learned an important lesson - some things are not meant to be miniaturized. That said, of course I still incorporated the imperfect block into the quilt. In the spirit of "mistakes show the love that was put into it", I put A LOT of love into that block!! Unfortunately, I don't think I can show you a picture of it until my partner receives the final quilt, but I promise it will be a key feature on my next "lessons learned" page!
Here are some of the mini blocks I finished yesterday (sorry about the shadow)..
The lighthouse is another great example of one that shouldn't have been miniaturized. Perhaps, it should have been a clue that it was not a good candidate if some of the lines were too small to print out on the paper (the ones around the roof of the lighthouse in particular).
I am happy to report - the top is done! And I like how it turned out. Hopefully, I will get a call today or tomorrow that my replacement open toe free motion foot has arrived. I have a bunch of quilting to get started on!!