|My attempt at a holiday setting for this pic|
In the end, I did paisley in the white background, stitched in the ditch around the sashing and with the lines of the ornaments, and added just some medium sized stippling in the border. I think the quilt ended up pretty balanced in the end - the white background is the most dense area, but the ornaments with their minimal quilting and the naked sashing provided some really soft areas, and the border is somewhere in between.
I went "easy" on the backing. Initially I was going to use a few charm packs to make a patchwork square back, but I got
Now for the tricky part! Whom to give it to??? My short list is at least 6 people long. The problem, of course, is that I only have one quilt. :( Note to self for next year: make more stuff!
- Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - finished!
AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
- How Far Will You Go? QAL - Time to piece my top together
- Miscellaneous sewn gifties - started, but at this point, they may be New Year's gifties.
- Star of Africa Bee - 2 blocks to start, one to finish up
- Handstitched Medallion Quilt - quilting in progress. It will be a long process.
- I've joined a Winter Mug Rug Swap at the Crafty Gemini - an idea is sprouting.
- Teacher's Gifts - almost finished. The kids finally finished up their part of the project last night. Now I need to sandwich and quilt a little to complete them.
These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
- Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - top needs to be put together. It is ridiculous that I haven't just slapped this one together
- Charity quilt for the guild - not started.
- My Blue & White One Block Wonder - geez, this one just needs to be backed and quilted and it would make a great charity quilt. I plan on just stippling it anyhow, why can't I get it done in the New Year?
Lightning would have to strike twice.
- Handstitched goodies - several small projects in limbo.
- Star Circles aka New York Beauty blocks - time is coming to get back to these
Completed projects - 1
New projects - 1
Currently in Progress - 5 - ish
Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post! The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!
I am also noticing that things are starting to get a little crazy around here in preparation for the holidays - well, crazier than usual. The kids will be out of school for the next two weeks, so my blogging (and sadly sewing) will likely be sporadic. Don't think that I haven't forgotten about you. I plan on spending some of my time planning for fun stuff for the New Year. I hope you will join me in thinking of any quilty-resolutions you might have for the New Year.
Linking up with