Now I admit that I have been on a bit of a spiral kick lately. This time last year, paisley was the only FMQ filler I was able to do. Spirals have now become my "go to" FMQ filler. It has become a shape I am comfortable with and I am usually confident that I won't get stuck in a corner too often.
I think it is safe to say, I like spirals!
The tricky part of this month's challenge was that we were supposed to TRY to make our spirals uniform in size. I am much, much better at random sizes. For my place mat this month, I tried to make each row of spirals the same size. As you can see, some of my rows got a little crooked = not the same size spirals. I also seem to have forgotten to keep the rings of my spirals an uniform distance from each other. And another issue with doing rows of spirals, is that I have a few awkward gaps here and there. Ah, well, this is supposed to be a learning experience.
My machine even has a spiral decorative stitch - so I put it on the binding!
As always, I can't wait to see what next month's challenge is! I can honestly say that this challenge is THE REASON I have progressed at all with regard to FMQ skills. Thank you, Darlene, for putting it together!