Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Feels good - WIP Wednesday

Not a whole lot to report this week.  With Thanksgiving over, I hope that will change for next week.

spirals for Olivia

I've finally started quilting Olivia's quilt for Christmas!  I am about half finished already.  I decided to quilt each block differently, but spirals seem to be predominant (more on that tomorrow).

I also started to hand quilt my Medallion quilt from the Handstitched class I took over the summer.  It seems to be the perfect project to take with me up to the mountains (IE when I am away from my machine).  I am nowhere near complete, but it feels good to have started.

We are also 2/3 of the way through the 100 Day Hustle.  I have made pretty decent progress on my list, but the drawback is that I am considering adding some projects to my plate - not necessarily 100 Day Hustle projects.  For instance, last year around this time, I was intrigued with Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery quilt.  Last year it was "Orca Bay", which turned out just beautiful.  Well, she just started this year's mystery, "Easy Street", one she promises is less intense than previous years.  It sounds like the perfect opportunity to try out a mystery quilt along, doesn't it?  The practical side of my brain is screaming, "NOOOOOOOO!!!", but the go where the wind takes me side of my brain is saying, "But why not?"  I think if I can manage to cross Olivia's quilt and my teachers' holiday gifts off my list by next week, I might just try it.

Have you ever done a mystery quilt before?  What was your experience?

Jen


This Wednesday......

Completed Projects:

On-going Projects:

AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".

Back Burner:

These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
  • Handstitched Medallion Quilt - quilting in progress.  It will be a long process, so that is why it is still down here.
  • Star of Africa Bee - November's Block is due December 15th 
  • Charity quilt for the guild - not started.   
The Back, Back Burner:

Lightning would have to strike twice.

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1+
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 5 - ish

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post!  The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and .
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. I love your list categories and your optimism! I say go for the mystery quilt otherwise you will wonder all year about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is looking great! I started last year's Orca Bay mystery and I still have lots of sewing left to do on it. It is fun though and I recommend them if you have the itch to try. Just print out all the instructions so if you have to pause, you'll be able to finish it later since the patterns do go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you follow the where the wind takes you side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue and yellow looks great. I've never done a mystery quilt, I'm always worried it will get to a block or a something I don't like, but to be fair I do usually like the I see finished. The Orca one last year was lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olivia will be thrilled, it's lovely.

    F x

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.