Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Blocks - Building Blocks Tuesday

This week's post is a little early, because I want to tell you about an opportunity to do some good, and now!  One of our fellow bloggers, Jennifer from Knotted-Thread, is collecting blocks to make quilts to send to her home town in New Jersey which was heavily affected by Hurricane Sandy.  Jennifer is a total sweetheart!  She set up a Flickr group for anyone wanting to pledge to make some of these simple blocks.


Here are the four I made, and really, they were so ridiculously easy, I think I am going to make a few more.  I joined up under the "Scrappy Block" group, so I just had to pair any fabric in my stash with a white background.  The way these blocks are cut and pieced leaves NO waste, and I doubt it took me 20 minutes to cut, press and piece all four of these together.

I'm going to go make some more.   Click on the link for the Flickr group above if you want to join the cause by making blocks.  OR, I am certain that Jennifer will accept other forms of donations (batting, completed quilts, offers to put quilts together, etc.).  I've already stuffed as much batting as I can into a flat rate box!

As always, you can link up whatever blocks you've been working on this week!

Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  And, don't forget, you have all week to add them if you like.

Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please consider grabbing my button and posting it in your blog post
4) Visit other linky participants!


Thanks for reading today!

Jen


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, and a very effective block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for participating. As someone who lives in an area of NJ that was relatively spared (most of my family,living in the same or nearby towns as me, are still without power but otherwise fine) I can tell you that everything and anything anyone can do is greatly appreciated. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.