Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fingers crossed - WIP Wednesday


I put together Olivia's quilt top yesterday.  In doing so, I realized that I gave all the properly sized blocks to my niece in her quilt, and left the imperfect ones for us.  I made these blocks over a year ago, and it is funny to see how far (I perceive) my piecing has come from then.  Luckily, I know my little girl won't mind a few wonky seams.   Now I just need to figure out how I want to quilt it.

With my niece's quilt, I made the mistake of quilting it too heavily, and it wasn't as soft as I wanted.  Now that (hopefully) I've learned a thing or two about scale, I won't make that mistake again.  Fingers crossed!


This Wednesday......

Completed Projects:
  • Preschool Pillowcases - 9 in all completed
  • Star of Africa Bee - October's block is done (come back Tuesday to see it)

On-going Projects:

AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
  • Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - awaiting quilting.
  • Totally Groovy Quilt Along - patching in progress
  • How Far Will You Go? QAL - Catch up in progress. 
  • Miscellaneous sewn gifties - time to get started on gifts!
  • Olivia's Appliqued Quilt - this one is part of my 100 Day Hustle List.  I moved this one up in the hopes that working on it might satisfy my desire to be working on a new quilt.  It's been a while since I've seen this one, so maybe I can trick myself into thinking it is "new".  And so far it worked!  I put the top together yesterday and even managed to get it backed and basted.  Now to quilt.
  • November Free Motion Quilting Challenge - I know the end of the month will be here soon.

Back Burner:

These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks.
  • Handstitched Medallion Quilt - The last borders still need to be redone and sewn back on.
  • Star of Africa Bee - November's Block is due December 15th - details haven't been released yet.
  • Charity quilt for the guild - not started.   They gave me one that is flannel, with fleece backing.  Oh, how I now despise fleece!  Moved this one up to Back Burner so I might be able to deliver it at the next meeting I attend and get this fleece atrocity out of my sewing room.
The Back, Back Burner:

Lightning would have to strike twice.

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 2
New projects - 1
Currently in Progress - 6

Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post!  The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!

Quilter in the Closet

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and .
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

10 comments:

  1. I love this! With the different colors, they almost look like different blocks. I look forward to seeing it all quilted. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is lovely and so is the one you made for your niece. Are these blocks appliqued or did you piece them? It's a beautiful design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a list you've got there! From your photo your blocks don't look so bad - you've done a good job of piecing them together, it's looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely block!

    I have emailed you about my package - you are o lovely, thank you, thnk you, thank you x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is crazy what a difference a year can make! I think the top looks great - I can't see any issues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello! you have won the giveaway on my blog - please contact me with your address details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look lovely together. You won't be able to call yourself a newbie for much longer with all that progress you are making :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this quilt top. It's soft and feminine and I'm sure your little one will love it.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour from France.

    I'm so glad you stopped by, we can learn together.

    I know I'm going to love your blog.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.