Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I haven't gotten far - Building Blocks Tuesday

I survived the Thanksgiving Holiday!  My turkey even came out well!  I am happy to be back to our regular schedule - at least for a few weeks until the Christmas break begins.  

It seems I haven't gotten very far in the How Far Will You Go? QAL.  I just added up all the blocks left for me to complete, and the ones I have done so far - and I am not even half done!  Yikes!


HFWYG QAL block 9

This one is called "Dutch Rose".  I simplified my version a little by only using 2 different fabrics in the outer "ring".  This block is huge!  20 inches!  It took a long time to make - I stopped counting after 4 hours.


HFWYG QAL block 7

This little one is called "Another Star", and I had quite a bit of trouble with it for some reason.  The center of the star was easy enough, but the components of the points were tricky.  Mine just never wanted to be long enough.  In the end I am a little shy of square in 2 spots.  I may have to redo this one.

2 down, 18 more to go!

Now then, what have you been working on?

Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  And, don't forget, you have all week to add them if you like.

Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please consider grabbing my button and posting it in your blog post
4) Visit other linky participants!


Thanks for reading today!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous blocks, Jen! It can definitely be tricky to get things square when you're dealing with different angles and many little components… I still have trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dutch Rose block is beautiful.

    I'd love to have a go at it, was it difficult?

    F x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks Jen - sorry you had trouble with the star, I hope it wasn't my tutorial's fault? It looks lovely though! Just noticed your links party - i'll try to join in next week :o)

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.