Friday, February 14, 2014

A little Valentine finish - finish Friday

Happy Valentine's Day!

The girls were very excited to be going to school today.  In kindergarten, they are planning to really party!  My 2nd grader was even looking forward to her valentine exchange, even though there was no party for them.  I guess they are more focused in 2nd grade.

EKG Valentine Mug Rug

I found a moment last night to sneak down to the garage and put my EKG mug rug in my husbands car so he would find it as he left at the crack of dawn.  I wanted him to know I was thinking of him first thing.  He even came back upstairs to give me an extra kiss goodbye before leaving.  Aw!

This morning I've been slaving away trying to make a special dessert for our night tonight.  The kids are going to a parent's night out event, so it is just me and my DH.  I've been wanting to try out a recipe for Salted Caramel Pots de Creme, despite never having made caramel before.  It didn't go extremely well.  I had to make it twice and completely guess when my caramel was ready, and then water got into two of my pots ruining the custard.  You know, water baths really are tricky!  Luckily the recipe made several pots, so fingers crossed they taste good later.  I am also making a few cookies, as a backup plan.  A girl should always have a backup plan!

How will my Valentine wish me a happy Valentine's Day?  I don't know, but I hope he says it with bacon.  Ever since my cholesterol numbers came back just over "what they like to see", I can't help myself, I've been thinking of almost nothing besides BACON.  Is that wrong?

In other news, for those of you not fasting, Craftsy is having a flash sale this weekend on matched classes.  Craftsy Perfect Match Flash Sale  Show yourself (or your Valentine) a little love!   I have been watching my classes regularly, and still haven't had a bad one.

Thanks for reading today,

Jen

Linking up with:





8 comments:

  1. Awwww. You're such a little romantic. It's absolutely adorable :-) I hope your valentine spoiled you. (Mines making me bacon for breakfast right now :-P)
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do for your hubby and he obviously loved it! Hope you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute ! I'd forgotton in was valentines day until husband told me. " it's valentines day and I failed again "!! We didn't even have a proper meal together as I was on volunteer duty stopping unnecessary traffic going down a flooded road in the next village 6-8!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pair of romantics you are! Hope your caramel turned out fine it sounds like the ideal end to a Valentine meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww :) I made a mug-rug Valentine for my honey last year, and he still keeps it up at work. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice surprise for your hubby. You did a fantastic job on the mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is adorable! What a great gift for your sweetheart! Hope the dessert went well -- water baths are tricky! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.