Friday, January 3, 2014

Doll Quilt Swap 2014 - a finish Friday

Yippee!  Only the 3rd and I have a finish to share!

First, I was lucky enough to get into the Doll Quilt Swap 14.  I've been stalking the group for ages and always either just missed the sign ups or was too busy at the time to commit.  But, it has been something I've been wanting to do, so I did it and got in!  Here's what I've been making for my partner...

doll quilt WIP

I took a charm pack of Vintage Modern, one of the blocks I've been wanting to try from Elizabeth Hartman's book, Modern Patchwork, and got to work.

Doll Quilt WIP

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you've already seen most of these pictures.

Doll Quilt WIP

Yep, I quilted the snot out of it.  I hope my partner likes it.  I couldn't really see the quilting in many of the pictures in her mosaics, but in the end, I couldn't help myself anyway.

Doll Quilt Swap 14 finish

I still need to label this one, and then I'll be shipping it off to my partner.

Hooray for the first finish!  It was down right fun to make.  I really enjoyed the whole process.  It makes me wonder what will be next on my list.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a free Craftsy class HERE!!  The giveaway ends in a few short days.

Thanks for reading,

Jen

Linking up with:



14 comments:

  1. Love your doll quilt! Something different. Fabric works well too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what a lovely finish it is!! Happy New year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful!! I'm sure it will be well loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! Your quilting is amazing -I can only dream that it will be coming to my mailbox soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The quilting is so pretty and adds so much to the quilt. A great finish to start the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab little quilt Jen, I think anyone would be delighted to receive that in the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful. Love the quilting and the fabrics are gorgeous for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jen, I love this, and the quilting puts it over the top. So fun. Congrats on a fun finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great quilt and the quilting on it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish. I love how the quilting adds so much to the design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it love it love it. beautiful quilting and love the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely quilt! It inspires me to give it a try. I tend to be a more traditional quilter. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jen that's gorgeous!!! I assume the girls haven't seen it or they wouldn't let you post it off!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.