A couple of weeks ago, Jennifer at Ellison Lane had this adorable paper pieced cake pattern posted for FREE on her blog. She actually made a gorgeous table runner with multiple cakes, but I wanted something smaller for my friend. I adjusted the pattern to be a little smaller, and I totally took the easy route by sewing ric-rack for my cake instead of the lovely layers Jennifer had on her cakes. I added the border and decided to try out Leah Day's paisley filler from last week's free motion quilt along segment. I'm not sure if it is a bit too much for this mug rug or if it adds a bit of glam. I wonder what my friend will think.
- Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - more blocks done, will post on Tuesday
- And a block for the Beginner QAL
- Happy Birthday mug rug for a friend
- Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop Item - TOP IS DONE! QUILTING is DONE! It needs binding.
- Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - blocks done, top needs to be sashed and borders put on.
- Totally Groovy Quilt Along - not started, but this one is really calling me!
- How Far Will You Go? QAL - I might need to put this one aside for a little while.
- Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - they took a week off, but tomorrow we get directions for putting the top together.
- Star of Africa Bee - get an early jump on September's block??
- "Tree" themed quilt for the guild - since I got my top done for the LGABH, I actually started this one. I am not sure I like how it is going nor am I sure I will get it done by the deadline.
- Grammie's placemats - STARTED! One top done, one in the works. Quilting should be relatively easy unless I get too fancy. deadline Sept 19th
- 12 Bee Blocks - this quarter I am in two groups! I haven't even chosen which blocks I will do yet! I just can't make up my mind.
- Leaf's Me Happy block(s) - I finally got my date for this blog hop - October 10th. I need to at least choose a design by next Wednesday.
I am determined not to forget these projects! Keeping them in this category reminds me of them on a weekly basis.
- Handstitched goodies - several projects in limbo. I didn't want to put these on the "back burner", but realistically, unless I have a spark of inspiration and a bunch of time, I won't be working on these until October.
- Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
- Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress, but put well out of the way. I need to be in a paper-piecing mood to resume.
- June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" -EPP in progress. I figured out this weekend that if I want a table runner of a normal-ish size, I am going to have to baste some more hexies. Perhaps, I should just make a collection of mug rugs instead?
- Charity quilt for the guild - not started
Completed projects - 1 + 5 blocks
New projects - 3 (but 1 is done)
Currently in Progress - 10-ish
Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to yesterday's post! The linky stays open for a whole week, so feel free to add them as you complete or wait for next Tuesday (or both)!
Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and Quilt Along Wednesdays.