Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More of the same - WIP Wednesday

Gosh, I'm boring!  I've just been working on more of the same.


More red, blue and cream/tan New York Beauties.  Although, these don't have the blue yet.

I also pieced a placemat together, potentially to be this month's Free Motion piece.  Although, now that I have it all sandwiched together, I don't see how this month's quilting motif really goes with it.  I'll have to ponder whether to do it anyway, or put this one aside for next month's motif.

Today, I left the beach and drove up to a place in the mountains.  So, no sewing today.  But, I took my cutting mat and rotary cutter and managed to cut my solids for the 3 x 6 Bee that I am in.  Now they are all ready to go and become Urban Nine Patch Blocks!

Completed Projects:


  • Zero - Boy, I'm not really good at this category, am I?  


On-going Projects:

  • Hands2Help Bee Happy Quilt - quilting in progress 
  • Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
  • Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge - I have no desire.  If I don't take it out by next Wednesday, I'm putting in the "Back Burner" category
  • Free-Motion Challenge Placemat for May 
  • Urban Nine Patch - Decided to do this block for my solids group in the 3 x 6 Bee


Back Burner:

  • New York Beauty Quilt A Long - actually different from the one above.
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
  • Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - due second week of June!  Plenty of time, right?
  • Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.


This week's stats:
Completed projects - 0
New projects - 1
Currently in Progress - 5

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. I love your NY Beauty blocks. The red you used is so vibrant and pretty. : )

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.