Today was my first opportunity to sew since last week. I figured it was high time I did something about my Bee Happy quilt, especially since it was supposed to be completed last Sunday. Ironically, this was the only project this year that I started early, with the intention of being the first in the group to complete! That obviously did not happen! With deadlines, whooshing past me, I decided I better put my frustration aside and get it quilted with Big Brother. Unfortunately, he had other plans.....
|"P" is for Pissed Off!|
|Yes, I had to take a picture of this. It is actually about half the thread that I had in the trash.|
To add to the frustration, I KNOW I am not doing my best work. My stitch sizes are very inconsistent (versus my usual average amount), in part because I feel like I have to hurry over the appliques to get back to the background, and in part because of all the stops and starts I have to do every time he protests. Let's not even discuss all the ripping out of stitches and the small holes it leaves in the appliques.
I feel very badly because sick people deserve nice quilts too. I know they don't expect perfection, but this quilt is so far from that, I'm sure it will end up in the trash instead of a hospital. I hate giving up, but I think if I had an extra week, I would be tempted to start all over again with another design. I have until Saturday to get it done and in the mail. Ms. Kitty is supposed to be ready Thursday afternoon. Doesn't give me a whole lot of time!
Back to trying to make lemons from lemonade.....
- Are you kidding me?
- Hands2Help Bee Happy Quilt - quilting in progress
- Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
- Urban Nine Patch - just blocks for my 3 x 6 Bee, they are cut and ready to be put together
- Urban Nine Patch Tablerunner
- New York Beauty Quilt A Long - actually different from the one above.
- Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
- Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - due second week of June! Plenty of time, right?
- Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.
- Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge
This week's stats:
Completed projects - 0
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 4
Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's