Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Technicolor Galaxy progress - WIP Wednesday

This weekend I made some serious progress on block one of the Technicolor Galaxy quilt.

I made enough bias tape to place on block one.

Technicolor Galaxy - block one, piecing in progress

I secured it, and started quilting!

Technicolor Galaxy - block one, quilting in progress

Started quilting?  Yep!  This skill builder pattern is a Quilt-as-you-Go; my first quilt done this way!  I think it will be exciting to know that with each group of blocks completed, they are done.  I am still a little uncertain how they will all be joined together at the end, but will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Technicolor Galaxy - block one, quilting in progress

That lime green section gave me the hardest time trying to decide what to quilt.  I knew I wanted to carry over the swirls and beads from the other sections, but what to put on the rest of the piece??  I drew out several plans, even stitched one completely, but hated it.  I spent a huge chuck of time unpicking my dense quilting!  I eventually ended up with those arrowhead and diamond shapes, which I hope will tie in nicely with a future block featuring arrowheads.

I have several more sections like the lime green to quilt, and the inner and outer sections too.  I won't be able to be at my machine for several days, so I might not have much progress to report on next week.

But it feels good to say...work continues on my 100 Day Challenge item!

As always, thanks for reading,

Jen

Linking up with:


 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

18 comments:

  1. I love your FMQ! It's going to be gorgeous when your done! I'm waiting for another block to be released, it's been so long. The entire quilt is going to be gorgeous and can't wait to learn how to put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many curves yet beautiful executed and quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the tecnicolor galaxy quilt is a stunning design. Your quilting looks great; I love how the design flows between the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really love your quilting! Seriously stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the way you're quilting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flipping heck girl - that is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already commented on FB, but this is SPECTACULAR. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful. I found you on WIP Wednesday. The quilting is superb, and I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, as everyone is saying, the FMQ is fabulous! It certainly caught my eye off the WIP Wednesday linky! Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Jen this is looking amazing, and the quilting is beautiful very impressed with the whole piece and colours are really good too. I found some very easy and clear instructions the other day on QAYG so plan to try it too

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the FMQing!! This is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, this will become a masterpiece! Looks fab already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen, I love the quilting! Everything you do is just beautiful! I think you need to live next door to me so we can quilt together...aka..."teach me how you do it!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! I love the very intentional quilting patterns that continue from color to color. I really wish I'd had time to start this project last year. I love it every time I see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you are quilting this xx

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.