Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Juggling oranges - Building Blocks Tuesday

Sometime yesterday, I realized that I didn't have any new blocks to show today.   I barely had any time to sew since last Wednesday and when I got a chance here and there, I worked on finishing up my Impromptu blocks.  I am almost done with those.  Luckily, the June Simply Solids block was easy, peasy.

Simply Solids June

The Queen Bee for the month asked that we make 2 of these big blocks using the instructions at the Moda Bake Shop by Jeni Baker from In Color Order.  She asked for solids in grey, aqua, turquoise (which is really similar to aqua, right?) and orange.  Now, I know I have mentioned on this blog that orange is not my favorite color, but I have bought plenty of orange fabrics because other people do like it and it is frequently requested in the bees I participate in.  Well, imagine my surprise when I went to my stash to complete these blocks and found that I only had 2 solid oranges to choose from.  2!  I have well over a dozen orange prints, but this is a solids bee.  I had plenty of aquas and at least 50 shades of grey, but only 2 oranges.  So of course, she got them both!

I'm going to go try to press that horrendous crease out of that grey block - where do these things come from between downstairs in the sewing room to where I photograph my blocks upstairs near the window??

So what have you been working on this week?  I want to know!

Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open for a whole week.  And spread the word!


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading!

Jen


7 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric choices... I have grown to love the spark that orange brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need to indulge in some retail therapy Jen to plug that gaping hole in your stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think two oranges were just right. Otherwise you'd have ended up with very orange blocks! I've at last remembered to link uo, albeit from flickr. For some reason I don't seem to blog much about blocks although I can't think why because they take up about 90% of my sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely blocks, and great colour choices

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your color choices are wonderful for these blocks ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Late joining in this week Jen and Flickr wouldn't let me see your photo as it's 'private'. I'm sure your blocks are wonderful though even with just 2 solid oranges!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these ones! I know you're not an orange fan but this is the colour scheme of just about everything I decorate with. I have a storage shed full of this palette… :-)

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.