Hooray, a finish for August! I finished up all the hand quilting and binding on my sewing mat earlier in the week. Here are a few pics to celebrate.
Hmmm, it appears that Aviary doesn't have an editing button for removing wrinkles. I did iron it before taking this picture, but it probably wasn't on the linen setting. Here's an "action" photo...
I can't take credit for this idea. I started with the Free Tutorial at Katie's Quilting Corner, but put my own spin on it. Instead of using pre-quilted fabric, I made up my own blocks and quilted them. I also added this thread catcher bag.
I attached it using a magnetic closure (I found them in the purse supply section of Joann's) - an idea I got from the Quilt as You Go Patchwork Bag Craftsy class. The class teaches you how to install one of these thingies to close up your bag, but I thought it would be a great idea for this application.
It was super easy to install! And, it will make dumping my threads into the trash can a breeze.
Just like Katie's design, I had the bottom section contain pockets. These have already come in handy!
I'm sew excited to have my own handy sewing mat. Even if June for Jen was a tad late, it has been well worth the wait.
Thanks for reading today,
Linking up with: