Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lanky palm trees - Building Blocks Tuesday

I'm starting to chip away at the 5 blocks I owe my Star of Africa bee mates.  Here is the block I have made for Brinda who asked for trees.

Star of Africa - Hollywood Palm Trees for Brinda

I have shared previously that I grew up in South Florida.  Now, I live in Southern California.  What do those two places have in common?   Palm trees.  There are a bunch of different kinds of palm trees, but the ones you see most frequently here are so funny looking.  I think they are "Mexican Palms", but regardless of their name, they are ridiculous.  They can grow up to 5 stories high, and yet have such skinny trunks that you wonder how they can support themselves to grow so high.  And they are everywhere!  Just google "California palm trees" and look at the images that come up.  They line many a street and are even planted in highway medians.

I couldn't resist putting the Hollywood sign in the background to my palm trees.  It is an image that comes up frequently when I think of people visiting Los Angeles.

What have you been working on this week?  I want to know!  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open for a whole week.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading!

Jen



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on knocking another Star of Africa Bee block off of the list Jen. I love those skinny tree trunks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, and it is so appropriate. Very clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. great trees! I've been working on the blocks too, Crayons box home is done, and flower is under construction, i need to get a postcard for inspiration for Leanne, but music? no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and whimsical. I love it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.