Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rainbows and whales - Building Blocks Tuesday

I finished another Star of Africa Bee Block!  Hooray, only 3 more to go.

Star of Africa block for Cindy

This one is for Cindy who requested a colorful block with a white background.  What could be more colorful than a rainbow?  I knew I wanted to make a Hawaiian rainbow (especially after our vacation there), but the white background started to get a little lost with all I wanted to include in the block.  So, I made the block a bit smaller and framed it in white.  I hope that gives her enough white to make it play nicely with the other blocks in her quilt.

How do you like my little whale tail?  We weren't there during whale season this time, but it is amazing to see.  If you ever get the chance to visit Maui between November and early April, it is a show every time you look out across the water.

I also finished up my Simply Solids bee blocks for August.

Simply Solids August 1.2

The block is called "Goose Creek" and you can find the instruction here at Quilter's Cache.

What have you been working on this week?  I want to know!  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open for a whole week.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

For those of you that had trouble using my button recently, I apologize.  I guess blogger changed a few things and my code didn't translate.  I hope I have it fixed now.

Thanks for reading!

Jen



3 comments:

  1. Great blocks Jen. I love seeing all the different interpretations of the theme in the SoA Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whale tail. Your blocks are always so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the whale and the rainbow are great, and i love the goose creek block, a lovely variation on the ninepatch. and snowball arrangement

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.