No, you are right, that is NOT a quilt. It is a picture I took of Yosemite Valley in 2005. Today Ashley and I are headed back there for a quick trip. It is such a beautiful place, full of surprises...
I really can't wait to share the experience with my eldest.
But, I won't be completely idle. The car ride is at least 6 hours, so I will have plenty of time to work on these:
My little hexies for my "Christmas" table runner.
And, I did have time to start working on my backing for the medallion quilt. Here is a sneak peak:
Completed Projects: Basically all my blocks from yesterday's post.
- Handstitched goodies - there are so many projects I want to return to, and I still need to complete my backing for the medallion quilt.
- Design something for the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop - I have my idea, I have my fabric, I need to put it in motion
- Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - actually started August 6th. I already need to catch up, luckily the cutting is all really similar for each block.
- Totally Groovy Quilt Along - the sewing starts soon!
- Star of Africa Bee -I need to do the July block in PINK
- "Tree" themed quilt for the guild - the guild is having a quilt show in October and each member is asked to make a small quilt with a "tree" theme. I am going to make something similar to Ashley's teacher's Thank you quilt below.
I am determined not to forget these projects! Keeping them in this category reminds me of them on a weekly basis.
- Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
- Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - awaiting quilting
- Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
- Urban Nine Patch Tablerunner - I actually started quilting this one this week, but then I hated everything and ripped it out!
- June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" - English paper piecing in progress. It will be a table runner of hexagons. This is the hand project I keep in the car, so I will do a little at a time, but progress is slow.
- July UFO - tile batik quilt - piecing in progress
- Charity quilt for the guild - I'm going to miss the next meeting, but need to bring it to September's
Completed projects - 3, blocks that is.
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 6-ish
Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and Handmade Parade at There and Back on Friday