Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bears! - Building Blocks Tuesday

Welcome to this week's "Building Blocks Tuesday"!  Despite being gone most of last week, I did manage to get a few blocks done (mostly late last night).

Here is block 10 for Quilting Gallery's Beginner's Quilt-Along. ANOTHER block with HST's!


OK. I agree that Half Square Triangles are wonderful, and the patterns they create are diverse and beautiful. But...I am starting to get a little tired of them for this quilt along.  I hope we switch things up soon!

Check out what the other participants blocks look like at the flickr group site.  

Also, here are the 2nd & 3rd blocks I've completed for the "How Far Will You Go? Quilt Along".  We only had to make one of the 2nd block, "Weathervane", and 3 of the "Pieced Stars".





I have also started cutting for the Vintage Holiday quilt along at Fabric Mutt.  But, I haven't got around to sew any actual blocks yet.  Maybe in the next few days.

I've also been working on the July block for the Star of Africa Bee.  I have finally committed to a design, and  have sketched it out.  I will decide tonight which technique and fabrics I am going to use.  Technically, the block should have been in the mail today, but our trip to Yosemite took more out of me than I anticipated.

Speaking of, we had a wonderful time.  I didn't get to spend too much time on the hexies as planned, because I ended up driving a fair bit of the way, or I was busy trying to talk to our Italian relatives (comical, since I only know a little bit of Spanish and NO Italian!).



We even saw two bears during our visit!  The one above looked like a young black bear, and was literally strolling about in the valley right next to the bike path.  The other was a brown bear, but I didn't get a good picture of it.

I am linking up with Plum and June's Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link Up too!  Consider popping over there to check out the Blog Hop participants too!



Jen


Plum and June
Beginner’s Quilt-Along
How Far Will You Go? QAL


5 comments:

  1. Love your blue How Far Will You Go? blocks, especially "weathervane"! I have my fabric for Vintage Holiday QAL but haven't started my block either!;) Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more about the hst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about the HST for the QAL. I like them, but am very tired of them. I'm not really looking forward to the QST. I'm tired of triangles. Oi!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.