I am still working on my Medallion quilt for the Handstitched class. I know what you are probably thinking - "Will she just finish it already, I am tired of hearing about it!"
Well, the top is done. Sort of. I had trouble with the last border. After I added the solid gray section, I went to put on that last strip pieced border and they didn't fit. Of course, I made those border as I stitched along, and I made them to the size specified. My quilt at the storm at sea stage was to size, so I guess somewhere between the on point border and solid border, it got big. I was worried that if I trimmed anything, the quilting motif that Rachel had in store for us, wouldn't look right. At first I tried easing in the excess, but it was a lot of excess and didn't look nice. So, I added a bit more strips and tried to miter those corner to "cover up" the additions. Unfortunately I am not that good at mitering borders and it doesn't look great. I have to decide today if I am going to just leave them or rip the whole thing apart and try something else.
- Handstitched Medallion quilt top
- Beginner's Quilt Along Block 8
- July Free Motion Challenge I blogged about it last Friday here.
- Handstitched goodies, including the class quilt. These are my top priority as I am still behind in the class, and there are so many neat projects to choose from.
- Design something for the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop - my stop is in September, but at my pace, I better get started soon.
- Vintage Holiday Quilt Along - actually starts August 6th. I have fabrics picked out, and the blocks look REALLY easy. Two blocks a week shouldn't be too hard.
- Totally Groovy Quilt Along - I bought fabric for this one, so I might as well attempt to do it! It also starts in August, with the sewing beginning mid-August.
- I joined the Star of Africa Bee last week and need to do 2 blocks for my Bee-mates
- "Tree" themed quilt for the guild - the guild is having a quilt show in October and each member is asked to make a small quilt with a "tree" theme.
I am determined not to forget these projects! Keeping them in this category reminds me of them on a weekly basis.
- Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
- Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - awaiting quilting
- Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
- Urban Nine Patch Tablerunner - sandwiched and awaiting quilting
- June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" - English paper piecing in progress. It will be a table runner of hexagons. This is the hand project I keep in the car, so I will do a little at a time, but progress is slow.
- July UFO - tile batik quilt - piecing in progress
- Charity quilt for the guild - I'm going to miss the next meeting, but need to bring it to September's
This week's stats:
Completed projects - 3
New projects - 2
Currently in Progress - 6-ish
Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's and Handmade Parade at There and Back on Friday