The last day of school is tomorrow, and I have just gotten started on my teacher's gift! I know I will not be able to finish it, but luckily our teacher is going to be teaching summer school to some of the older kids, so as long as I get it done soon I should be forgiven.
I got this idea from Samelia's Mum month's ago. Since she is down under, her school year ends during our winter, and she made a wonderful tree wall hanging for a special teacher. I thought it was a brilliant concept.
I thought this would go quickly by machine applique, but one test piece on Big Brother told me it was not the best idea. He does have a zigzag stitch, but it was a little unpredictable and I want this to look nice! Without Ms. Kitty back, I am appliqueing by hand. I am going to write each student's name on a leaf (the 3 "fallen" leaves are kids that left during the year). I hope it will turn out alright.
- a wool needlebook - as part of my Handstitched goodies
- Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - in progress
- Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
- Urban Nine Patch - just blocks for my 3 x 6 Bee, I have assembled 3, but have a few more to do
- Urban Nine Patch Tablerunner
- Handstitched goodies, including the class quilt
- June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" - piecing in progress
- New York Beauty Quilt A Long - actually different from the one above.
- Swoon - this pattern is just sitting, calling me, but let's be realistic!
- Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
- Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.
- Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge
This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1 - Hooray!
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 6
Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's