The Handstitched Class from Rachel at Stitched in Color started on Monday. I am totally into it. If I had known going back to school would be so fun, I would have done it earlier!
I only had time to read the instructions for this week's lesson, Reverse Applique, until today! Today, I finally got started on the focal point of our class medallion quilt. I am so excited about how it looks already (yes, I did notice that my points are a little crooked, but I am still happy with it). I just hope I don't muck it up at some point.
I am using Cocoon by Valerie Wells, and some yummy solids I picked up. I think this one is lilac.
- Bee Happy was completed!!! Thank goodness!
- Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - due second week of June! Plenty of time, right? I should have moved this up the list a while ago, but needed to finish Bee Happy first. I'm thinking wall hanging size or smaller should be sufficient.
- Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
- Urban Nine Patch - just blocks for my 3 x 6 Bee, they are cut and ready to be put together
- Urban Nine Patch Tablerunner
- Handstitched goodies
- June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" - I have already started basting little hexagons with a random charm pack I ended up with that has Christmas patterns. I hope I can at least get a little tablerunner out of them. This was the perfect project for this month as I am travelling for a week and it coincides with the English paper piecing portion of the Handstitched class.
- New York Beauty Quilt A Long - actually different from the one above.
- Swoon - this pattern is just sitting, calling me, "Jen......Jen......Jen!"
- Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
- Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.
- Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge
This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1 - Hooray!
New projects - 3+
Currently in Progress - 6
Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's