Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Back to School - WIP Wednesday


The Handstitched Class from Rachel at Stitched in Color started on Monday.  I am totally into it.   If I had known going back to school would be so fun, I would have done it earlier!

I only had time to read the instructions for this week's lesson, Reverse Applique, until today!  Today, I finally got started on the focal point of our class medallion quilt.  I am so excited about how it looks already (yes, I did notice that my points are a little crooked, but I am still happy with it).  I just hope I don't muck it up at some point.

I am using Cocoon by Valerie Wells, and some yummy solids I picked up.  I think this one is lilac.



Completed Projects:
  • Bee Happy was completed!!!  Thank goodness!  
On-going Projects:
  • Thank you quilt for Ashley's teacher - due second week of June!  Plenty of time, right?  I should have moved this up the list a while ago, but needed to finish Bee Happy first.  I'm thinking wall hanging size or smaller should be sufficient.
  • Red, White, Blue New York Beauty - piecing in progress
  • Urban Nine Patch - just blocks for my 3 x 6 Bee, they are cut and ready to be put together
  • Urban Nine Patch Tablerunner
  • Handstitched goodies
  • June UFO - "A Christmas Something for myself" - I have already started basting little hexagons with a random charm pack I ended up with that has Christmas patterns.  I hope I can at least get a little tablerunner out of them.  This was the perfect project for this month as I am travelling for a week and it coincides with the English paper piecing portion of the Handstitched class.
Back Burner:

  • New York Beauty Quilt A Long - actually different from the one above.
  • Swoon - this pattern is just sitting, calling me, "Jen......Jen......Jen!"
  • Batik Stripe Quilt - still sandwiched and ready to be quilted!
  • Lincoln quilt - need to put the borders on this baby and finish it up.
  • Blue & White Stack-n-Whack for May UFO challenge 


This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1 - Hooray!
New projects - 3+
Currently in Progress - 6

Linking up with Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday's


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.