Tuesday, March 4, 2014

blockless - Building Blocks Tuesday

Ironic that yesterday's Fresh Sewing Day mosaic had mostly blocks, because I don't have any blocks to share today.  Whaaaaaaaat?

Yep, I just haven't been working on blocks this week.  I've been cutting up solids to finish up some of my Penelope Stars, but those really aren't blocks, they are units/components and won't even look like stars until the whole quilt is assembled.  And I've been making a lot of backings, and doing some basting too.  But, no blocks.  And I fear that it is possible that it might be that way for the month of March, so I hope you guys are working on loads of blocks.

basting another pink baby quilt

My next Lazy Bum Global Retreat is happening the last weekend of the month, and the theme for the retreat is quilting (meaning the quilting part of the process), so I am trying to get some of my tops that have been laying around backed, basted and ready for the quilting process.  The retreat is only 24 hours long, and I do like to sleep (not to mention have kids to watch), so I know it will be likely that I will only get one project partially quilted during the retreat.  But there is no harm in having my other projects waiting in the wings just in case, right?

So, what blocks have you been working on?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading!

Jen



3 comments:

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.