I finally made it to a meeting of the Los Angeles Modern Quilt Guild earlier in the month. I had pretty high expectations, and I wasn't disappointed. First, there must have been at least 65 people there that night - standing room only! It was fun to see so many diverse people in the room, and learning that there quilt styles were just as diverse was wonderful. I also got to see them wrap up / show the final projects from the Madrona Road Challenge. People made all sorts of beautiful stuff. From mug rugs, to full size bed-quilts, bags, pillows, even a laminated mat to go under the kid's car seat to protect your upholstery. So many creative patterns and uses for that line of fabric. It was very inspirational. I also heard from several members that attended QuiltCon and their take on the experience. It made me really want to go to the next QuiltCon! I hope I can make it back to another meeting soon to see what else is new.
I also started to organize my scraps. No more overflowing brown paper bags. I say "started" because even though I now have them organized by color, I was hoping to pull out lower quality fabrics for Ashley, and cut them to useful sizes for her. I have only gotten as far as sorting them by color - but it is a start!
Also! A couple of Friday's ago, I took a tour of RJR Fabrics! My Dear Husband set this up - isn't he the best? It turns out, their facility is right around the corner from me. I am still writing up my post about the experience, but I hope you check back on Friday to hear about the best blind date EVER!
- Bee Blocks - We Bee Learning blocks - done and redone (now spinning the right way), Make it Modern blocks - all done, March Lucky Star block - done!
AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
- Bee Blocks & BOM blocks - Skill Builder BOM blocks (now 2 months worth), April's Simply Solids stuff came in the mail this week too. And do I dare start the Forest QAL? It looks so fun.
- Star of Africa Bee - February's block still needs to be done, and we just found out the March theme
- Curves Class goodies - catch up in progress, but on hold for now
- Les Amis Baby quilt - quilting in progress, was put aside for curves week, but it is time to get going on the quilting.
- Baby quilt in blue - fabrics chosen. Must decide on a design soon. I would like to do a interlocking square type pattern, but simple chevrons might be more appreciated by the mom.
- Discontinuity 2 - top is complete using the log cabin method.
- April Showers Mug Rug - Started!
- Easter baskets - I want to make a few of Noodlehead's Divided baskets for the girls' goodies, but I am not sure I will have time.
These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks - I know I've been saying that for more than a couple of weeks.
- Handstitched Medallion Quilt - quilting in progress. This is the project I pull out whenever we go up to the mountains for the weekend. I usually only get a few threads more done, but it is a nice project to do in front of the fireplace while the girls are watching movies.
- Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - PROGRESS! I have put the sashing on! Hey, it is something in the right direction.
- Charity quilt for the guild - not started.
This week's stats:Completed projects - just blocks
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 8 +
Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post!
And as always, thanks for reading,
I am not linking up today.