I made this cute clamshell journal cover. Appliqueing the clamshells was pretty easy. It almost felt like cheating.
I tried some scallops at the top of my heart here. They came out so puffy that I had to add 2 extra pieces of batting to fill the heart.
Then I tried my hand at improvisational curves with this table runner. They did not go very smoothly. I will need to practice them a bit more.
I also did a whole stack of Drunkard's Path blocks, but only 8 of them ended up in this finished double-sided potholder - which I was about to send to Tina at Holy Scrap! until her recent blogpost about having an abundance of hot pads (don't worry, Tina, you got something else instead).
I also went back to improv curves with these droplet journal covers, but this time I practiced accounting for seam allowances (does that mean it wasn't really improv if I "planned" the seam allowances?). These seams laid much flatter and I was pleased with how they turned out.
Yesterday, I was all set to sit down and tackle this gorgeous wheel quilt. I wanted to do it rainbow style, just like Rachel's, but unbelievably I came to realize that I don't have enough scraps! Whole colors were absent from my scrap bin. You can't have a proper rainbow with out green and orange! I am determined to use scraps for this instead of cutting into yardage. So, I decided to wait and put off this particular quilt until a little later when I have more scraps to work with.
Unfortunately, Curves Week must come to an end (for now). I have quilts that need quilting and bee blocks that need making! Hey, those should generate some more scraps.
A pleasant byproduct of my wasted time yesterday, is that I sorted most of my scraps! That's one New Year's resolution that is nearly done! Only an handful or so left to go.
Thanks for reading!
Linking up with: