Thursday, October 25, 2012

Boogie Fever - Totally Groovy Finish

I got the Boogie Fever......got to boogie down.....I've got the Boogie Fever....I think it's going around.

Sometimes a song gets stuck in my head.  Boogie Fever was the one that got stuck yesterday as I feverishly quilted away at this Groovy quilt:


Now mind you, I don't know all the lyrics to the song, just the opening chorus.  Disco seems to go with this quilt, don't you think?

I love this pattern and the use of solids.  It really gives you a chance to get fun with the quilting, and even with matching threads, the designs really pop off the quilt.


 I especially had fun with those modern squares (I've been wanting to try them out for a while now), and I was trying to go for a liberated chevron there in the yellow.  Not sure if I accomplished that or not, but I like it.  Of course no quilt of mine would be complete without some swirls somewhere, and when I see solid gray I can't help but think of pebbles. I think the solids looked so nice, I used them on the back too, design by me.


Well, there you have it.  My take on the Totally Groovy QAL.  I think I am just in time to link up with the other participants.

What do you think?  Did I do OK?

Jen


Pile O' Fabric

20 comments:

  1. More than ok, this quilt is awesome. And, I love the back too. Your colors and quilting choices are perfect. Your quilting looks fabulous. This is a winner front and back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!! It turned out really great!!! Love the blocks you did too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fabulous! The colors, the quilting, the back... You've done great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and amazing free motion quilting. Absolutely love the backing. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You groovy quilt is fab and I LOVE the back. It's really too nice for a back - I'd say more a reversible :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ,Oh it is brilliant! The colors are great, but the quilting is ah-mazing! Love the back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilting on this one, I think it's great how you've alternated between circles and angular shapes, a great way to create movement between the sections. And the colours are great, they make a real modern take on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, LOVE your backing idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jen - this is fantastic! And your quilting is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap this is good! I love the back and I love your quilting!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Jen! Love your quilt. Stumbled upon your blog through the flickr groovy link up. Going to follow. I've been quilting for about a year now, and have only tried straight line quilting. You've inspired me to try something new! I just got Angela Walters book and those pebbles are awesome. =) the modern squares are great too. which is better to try first? pebbles or squares? have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is truly amazing, I really love it! Did you ever figure out what to fo about the holes? How sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilting patterns and the back - whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! The backing really is amazing and your quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl you did AMAZING! Love this and love the back especially!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the quilting, that turned out wonderfully, can't believe I hadn't seen this one until today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is just gorgeous Jen - the quilting is amazing and I love the backing - very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it, and the curved back is completely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow I am blown away by the gorgeousness of this quilt ! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.