I'm still making progress toward my goals for the end of the month. For example.....
I finished my first Swoon block! Not this one isn't actually part of the quilt I intend to make, but instead it is going to be the base for my sewing machine mat. I'm vaguely using the tutorial at Katie's Quilting Corner, but I'm making it personal. I'm going to incorporate some of my favorite blocks and quilt my own fabric (Katie's tutorial uses pre-quilted fabric to make it extra fast). I'm using an Essex linen and some leftovers from a Sew Stitchy layer cake.
It is true that this Swoon will essentially be covered up by my machine, but I will know it is there and it will make me feel happy. I will be adding some other little favorites to the rest of the mat soon.
Now, some of you might be thinking, "Those Swoon blocks are pretty big; just how big is her sewing machine?" Well, I made the Swoon a little smaller, and my machine is pretty big with it's quilting table attached. I wanted my mat to fit under it as well, see....
It will be a perfect fit when it's done.
You can also see the other WIP I am working on in this photo - that's the back of Gigantor in the background. She has all the SID on her major seams done and I'm going to start FMQ the rest of her tomorrow. Hooray!
Friday will be a no-sew day as Lizzy's class is off to Disneyland to celebrate preschool graduation. Ashley and I are tagging along as well.
- Bee Blocks - We Bee Learning (1 block for a total of 2),
- Ironing Board Cover DONE - oh this one was so needed. I actually ripped a hole in my old one.
AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
- Bee Blocks & BOM blocks - Lucky Star BOM (2 blocks),
- Star of Africa Bee - March (has been started!), April and now June blocks need to be completed.
- Gigantor aka Impromptu QAL - quilting in progress.
- Swoon - cutting in progress. I have all my colors cut, but need to do my background.
- June for Jen items - sewing machine mat in progress
Back, Back, Back Burner:
These will likely be touched sometime in the future - I should really rename this category to "I want to remember that I have these projects, but realistically they won't be touched till 2015 because I'm too busy doing other stuff"
- Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - I stopped piecing the backing. I realized it wasn't going to be quite big enough and would actually be better off being a top for charity. So, I went to Joann's and bought a few yards of backing fabric on sale. One big seam should do it, but I gotta sit down and find time.
- Discontinuity 2 - gotta make it bigger for big girl bed. On hold for now.
- Curves Class goodies - there are a few more projects I want to try, but they are on hold for now.
This week's stats:Completed projects - 1 plus blocks
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 5 ish
Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post. It stays open for a whole week.
My Facebook page for Quilter in the Closet. I am up to 7 likes!
And as always, thanks for reading,
Linking up with