Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Spring Break, Yikes! - Building Blocks Tuesday


Guild BOM block


I promised blocks this week and almost couldn't deliver.  However, I have spent the morning making these flower blocks for the guild's first charity BOM.  They turned out rather springlike.


guild BOM blocks

These are simple snowball blocks with a common yellow center.  Cute, right?  And while these are not exactly my favorite kinds of fabrics, I can certainly see the potential of this being a great scrap buster.  I don't know about you, but I have quite a few unmatched 5 inch squares that I don't know what to do with.

I am WAY behind on everything else at the moment.  I spent quite a bit of time the last couple weeks getting my garden ready for the growing season.  Now that I am waiting for some of my plants to actually grow, I was hoping to have more time in my studio.  But of course, spring break starts tomorrow.  Which means, Camp Mommy starts tomorrow and other than a dentist appointment for all, I have nothing else planned.  Yikes!  Please wish me luck.

What blocks have you working on this week?  I would love to see.  Link up your fabulous blocks.  You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off!  This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.


Quilter in the Closet

Rules:

1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage.  Flickr and Instagram pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!

Thanks for reading,

Jen






2 comments:

  1. I think you have some lovely fabrics in these blocks especially like the first large block ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow centres really lift those blocks Jen, snowball seems too wintry a name for those flowery fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.