Interested in joining a bee for the New Year? The bee that I've been participating in for the last few months is looking for some new faces. Head over to the Mrs. Pickles Garden blog to check it out. I am currently in the We Be With It group, but I've also had a great time in the We Bee Learning group in the past. There is also a group just for Canadians, who make the most lovely blocks that I wish I lived north of the border.
Joining a bee is a great way to meet people, get some diverse fabrics into your quilt, and a way to not have to do all the work yourself!
Since I was travelling all last week for Thanksgiving, I didn't get a chance to start on any new blocks to share this week. Instead, I put together a little mosaic of some of the bee blocks I've made in recent years to tempt you into answering a few questions for me:
1) Are you interested in joining a bee for the New Year?
2) Which kind of bee do you prefer - one where you choose the block and general colors (so you end up with all the same kind of blocks in your quilt), or one where you choose the color palette and your bee mates choose which block to make for you (so you end up with a sampler at the end).
3) Is there a particular design aesthetic that you prefer your bee to adhere to; for example, a modern bee, paper piecing only bee, improv block bee, classic blocks bee, etc.?
4) What platform do you prefer to post/share/generally communicate to your bee mates through - Flickr? Instagram? Linky parties?
Thanks for taking the time to answer a few little questions. Every so often I get the idea in my head to start a bee or swap. I know what I like, but I am curious as to what you like.
I also wanted to remind you that the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day is coming up next week, starting on December 8th!
What blocks have you working on this week? I would love to see. Link up your fabulous blocks. You put a lot of hard work into them - show them off! This free linky will stay open until the first Monday of next month, but I will repost it every Tuesday until a new month starts.
1) Please link up only to the page in your blog showing your wonderful blocks, not just the blog homepage. Flickr pictures are also OK.
2) Make sure to put your blog name as the description so people know where they are going or the name of your block!
3) Please grab my button and post it in your blog post or sidebar.
4) Visit other linky participants!
Thanks for reading!