I took the Handstitched" from Rachel at Stitched in Color so long ago that her encore class from this summer has already finished their quilts. I loved Rachel's approach to all the hand work - if you are going to take the time to do it, you should be able to see it.
I finished up the top on schedule with the class, but all that hand quilting took me a while.
It was a labor of love, though.
I am so happy to be able to say it is finished! I'm keeping this beauty all to myself; I already have plans to curl up with it on the couch.
The obligatory "back" shot. And no finish would be complete without a picture of my trusty assistant..
I had to answer the phone mid-photo shoot and Tookie had climbed into the chair for a sprawl. Upon my return to take her picture, she became a little photo shy.
I can't wait to see what fun finishes you have! Remember, this is OctoberQuest TGIFF! Not sure what I am talking about? Well, let me tell you......
OctoberQuest details... Your quest is to finish up those quilty projects and link up at any of our fab four hosts throughout the month of October. The rules remain the same as last year:
- Your quilty project must be completely finished (As much as we love celebrating quilt tops or completed blocks, they will not be eligible for the prizes).
- You may enter more than one finish and even more than one finish each week. Just add a link for each finish to one of the linky parties. The linky parties will stay open until the end of the month.
- Your blog post or photo on Flickr/Picasa must have a link back to the TGIFF! site and the particular party you are participating in. Posts without links will be deleted.
- Link up your quilty finish in any of the TGIFF! linky parties this month:
- OctoberQuest will be open until October 31st at 11:59 p.m. EST. Winners will be picked via Ms. Random Number Generator on November 1st and notified via email. Please make sure we can contact you via email or we will blow the gift certificates on ourselves need to run Ms. Random again.
Thanks for reading today!