Thursday, October 24, 2013

I am hosting TGIFF - a finish Friday

I am hosting TGIFF today!  I am so happy to share my most recent finish - a quilt I have been working on for over a year.  My Handstitched Medallion quilt!

Handstitched Medallion Quilt

I took the Handstitched" from Rachel at Stitched in Color so long ago that her encore class from this summer has already finished their quilts.  I loved Rachel's approach to all the hand work - if you are going to take the time to do it, you should be able to see it.

Handstitched Medallion Front

I finished up the top on schedule with the class, but all that hand quilting took me a while.

Handstitched Medallion close up

It was a labor of love, though.

Handstitched Medallion quilting

I am so happy to be able to say it is finished!  I'm keeping this beauty all to myself; I already have plans to curl up with it on the couch.


Handstitched Medallion Back

The obligatory "back" shot.  And no finish would be complete without a picture of my trusty assistant..

Helper cat Tookie

I had to answer the phone mid-photo shoot and Tookie had climbed into the chair for a sprawl.  Upon my return to take her picture, she became a little photo shy.

I can't wait to see what fun finishes you have!  Remember, this is OctoberQuest TGIFF!  Not sure what I am talking about?  Well, let me tell you......

OctoberQuest details... Your quest is to finish up those quilty projects and link up at any of our fab four hosts throughout the month of October. The rules remain the same as last year:
  1. Your quilty project must be completely finished (As much as we love celebrating quilt tops or completed blocks, they will not be eligible for the prizes).
  2. You may enter more than one finish and even more than one finish each week. Just add a link for each finish to one of the linky parties. The linky parties will stay open until the end of the month.
  3. Your blog post or photo on Flickr/Picasa must have a link back to the TGIFF! site and the particular party you are participating in. Posts without links will be deleted.
  4. Link up your quilty finish in any of the TGIFF! linky parties this month:
  5. OctoberQuest will be open until October 31st at 11:59 p.m. EST. Winners will be picked via Ms. Random Number Generator on November 1st and notified via email. Please make sure we can contact you via email or we will blow the gift certificates on ourselves need to run Ms. Random again.
1) Mad About Patchwork is giving a $50 gift certificate to two lucky participants! There's something for everyone too - Pam's offering a 10% off purchases for the month of October to all OctoberQuest participants -- just use TGIFF10 at checkout.
Mad About Patchwork
2) Sew Sisters Quilt Shop is giving a $50 gift certificate to two lucky participants! They too are offering 10% off purchases (excluding classes, clubs and block of the month programs) for the month of October to all OctoberQuest participants -- TGIFF10 at checkout!
Sew Sisters
3) Christa Quilts is giving a $25 gift certificate to one lucky participant! Christa is having a special fall blowout clearance sale - take an extra 10% off her clearance section when you use the code 13CLEARANCE at checkout.
Christa Quilts
Just think of what deliciousness you could get with one of these prizes?! So exciting! Thank you to our sponsors for offering these goodies! So to help us celebrate OctoberQuest 2 and be in the running for these amazing goodies, start linking! Here's the linkup:



Thanks for reading today!

Jen

27 comments:

  1. congratulations on finishing a spectacular quilt, Jen! Your hand quilting is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt and the quilting are gorgeous! Beautifully done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks stunning! The back is as pretty as the front and your hand quilting is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! Especially the outermost border. Great job handsewing that whole thing, that takes lots of dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt - the handquilting is amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Jen - just doing my first handquilted quilt and I can really appreciate all the work you've put into this - gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jen, that's fab!!!! last day at school today then nine mornings without an alarm clock, so i can sew sew sew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! That is just divine! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your medallion quilt ...beautiful and the hand quilting makes it even more special. Great job on the backing too!!! Thank you for hosting TGFF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! What a labour of love! The quilting is just gorgeous. And the pieced backing is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful hand quilting and I love the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the first time I've seen one of these done! It looks great! All that hand quilting is absolutely worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning quilt Jen, definitely an heirloom in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is fantastic. I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful. Gorgeous hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely color combo and great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow your hand quilting is absolutely gorgeous! definitely worth all that time spent over the past year. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!!! It is beautiful. Congratulations on a finish and a keeper. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on finishing, it looks gorgeous! I was in the same round of Handstitched as you, and I'm still working on the quilting. Well, I should say I WAS still working on it and put it on the back burner a while ago...just pulled it out again and hopefully will finish...before end of year? :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colors in this quilt and the hand quilting are AMAZING!!! Great finish, definitely inspirational:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy cow- she's a beauty! I love the hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What lovely quilting on that quilt Jen. It makes that quilt. I wouldn't worry about it taking ages - that is what has made it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your quilt is so beautiful! I took the encore class and am still working on mine! You give me hope of one day finishing it! You handstitching is gorgeous! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, your quilt is gorgeous. I love your choice of colour. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous Jen! I love the blues with the pops of orange. And your back is as good as a front. Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful quilt! The hand quilting is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I had to shut off comments for a long time because I was just getting spammed. I'm going to try moderation for a while and see if that helps. Please leave me a comment.