The first one was a bee block for the Make it Modern Bee. I put together a pretty darn good-looking Lone Starburst block - completely put together - only to realize that it wasn't to size. My printer settings had been altered somehow and though I checked the little inch line (which appeared to be to size), the block pieces were actually 1/4 inch short. If it hadn't been for the pattern designer's blog post, telling me the length the sides needed to be, I would probably still be scratching my head. A second block is now complete (below). The short one will likely be made into a journal cover one day, or a pillow. Can't have anything go to waste, right?
The second block I
There is a 3rd paper piecing project that I have all printed out and ready to go, but now I am doubting whether I should even start it. I am not sure I have the patience. But then again, perhaps 3rd time is a charm?
I also put together the backing for my Hands 2 Help quilt. Now everything is ready to be basted.
- Bee Blocks - We Bee Learning (4 blocks), Simply Solids (1 block), Make it Modern (2 blocks)
- It's for the Birds Blog Hop items - you can see them here
AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
- Bee Blocks & BOM blocks - Lucky Star May (1 block), Guild BOM for charity (2 blocks)
- Star of Africa Bee - I have really slipped behind. Need February, March, April, and one more done.
- Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - Piecing the backing is in progress
- Quilt for Hands 2 Help Charity Drive - basting in progress
- Items for the "Say it with Flowers" Blog Hop starting at the end of May (my day is June 4th) - I have a plan, but haven't put in into action yet.
Back, Back, Back Burner:
These will likely be touched sometime in the future - I should really rename this category to "I want to remember that I have these projects, but realistically they won't be touched till 2015 because I'm too busy doing other stuff"
- Handstitched Medallion Quilt - quilting in progress. This is the project is going to take FOREVER!!
- Discontinuity 2 - crib sized top is complete, but now I am thinking it really needs to be twin sized as all the girls are about to be in big girl beds. On hold for now.
- Curves Class goodies - catch up in progress, but on hold for now.
- Skill Builder BOM blocks (now 3 months worth) - I am saddened by putting these down here, as there are some wonderful blocks to make, but I just don't have time right now.
This week's stats:Completed projects - 1 plus a handful of blocks
New projects - 0
Currently in Progress - 6 ish
Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post!
And as always, thanks for reading,
Linking up with