I'm sure I'm not the only person out there that doesn't seem to have enough time to do everything they want to do. I find that I am either sewing away in my little
Back to what I didn't finish -- yesterday, I hoped to get my Beginner's Quilt Along top all finished and basted. I pulled it out to put the final border on and realized I have given ZERO thought to how I was going to back it. I didn't have a single cut of yardage big enough to use, but I did have loads of scraps that I really didn't want to keep. So, I spent most of this morning cutting up fabric for the backing and for my friends baby boy quilt. I even started piecing some of these together.
Yikes, that's a lot of yellow! All my other solids looked a little too bright for the muted shades of this Riley Blake "Scoot" fabric. I picked up this Scoot back when my nephew was really into trains, but I didn't get a chance to make him a quilt before he moved on. Monster trucks are now his thing! I thought the soft yellows and other muted colors would be ideal for a new baby though! I'm doing a bit of manufacturer mix up - Riley Blake fabric with a Moda Bake shop pattern. Hey, that's how I roll! So there is the beginning of that WIP.
- April Showers Mug Rugs - done, you can see them here
- Bee Blocks - April Simply Solids, We Bee Learning (2 blocks done), Make it Modern (1 block done, and my tutorial here), Lucky Stars April Block,
- Les Amis Baby quilt - DONE! Come back on Friday for the big reveal. I love how this one turned out!
AKA - "stuff I plan to touch this week or next".
- Bee Blocks & BOM blocks - Skill Builder BOM blocks (now 2 months worth),
- Star of Africa Bee - I have already slipped behind. Need February, March, and April done.
- Baby quilt for boy - A deadline has been given - just what I needed! Baby shower is May 20th. Piecing is now in progress
- Beginner Quilt Along at Quilting Gallery - needs backing, basting, quilting, etc. Probably NOT going to meet my April deadline.
- Quilt for Hands 2 Help Charity Drive - deciding between two designs.
- Items for the "It's for the Birds" Blog Hop - my day is May 13th - I've got one little thing complete, but it is pretty pathetic. I've got a table runner pattern all picked out, and would love to get it done for the hop.
- Items for the "Say it with Flowers" Blog Hop starting at the end of May - several ideas swarming through my head for this one!
These will likely be touched in a couple of weeks - I should really rename this category to "I want to remember that I have these projects, but realistically they won't be touched till 2015 because I'm too busy doing other stuff"
- Handstitched Medallion Quilt - quilting in progress. This is the project is going to take FOREVER!!
- Discontinuity 2 - crib sized top is complete, but now I am thinking it really needs to be twin sized as all the girls are about to be in big girl beds. On hold for now.
- Curves Class goodies - catch up in progress, but on hold for now.
This week's stats:Completed projects - a handful, plus some blocks
New projects - 2?
Currently in Progress - 7 ish
Don't forget to link up any blocks you have been working on to the Building Blocks Tuesday post!
And as always, thanks for reading,
Linking up with